Top #OwnIt tips from Body Positive Australia
- Understand your individual “body story” and whose voice it is you hear (a parent, the media, or a comment from years ago) and then ask yourself if you can let go of even a little of that negative voice?
- Embrace diversity! We aren’t all meant to look the same
- Self-compassion is a skill which will help you #ditchthedoubt!
- A body positive or gratitude journal is a lovely and simple practice
- Ditch perfectionistic thoughts! They are not getting you anywhere and no one is perfect
- “Feeling fat” is not a feeling (what a revelation!) learn how to understand what is really going on when we have lots of negative body thoughts
- Cut back on scales, body checking, measurements or evaluating yourself in the mirror….this really helps
- Make sure you have clothes that fit you right now and get rid of anything which doesn’t fit! (it’s just taking up space and making you feel bad)
- Figure out what movement your body likes and go for it! (be creative, try a hula class or learn circus skills)
- Nourish your body with a wide variety of foods that suit your unique needs and preferences
We have lots more planned to help you to boost your body image this year! Special K is hosting Body Positive #OwnIt Workshops around Australia and we will be running those too (if you want to stay informed about these you can watch our Facebook page or link in with Special K on Facebook)