8 Week Body Image Group Therapy for Body Image
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to go on the list
January 2018 sold out, next group June/July 2018
What can I expect from this group?
- A mindfulness and self-compassion based group with expert facilitation
- An integration of body image work through movement and gentle yoga to “come home” to the body and begin to experience it with comfort (exploring embodiment)
- To begin to move from discomfort in your body to a sense ease though talking therapy and body therapy
- To understand your personal ‘Body History’ and move past it
- To go deeper than other programs in understanding why you feel this way about your body and begin to put new strategies in place to feel better and move towards body acceptance
- Dive into topics like “Self- Compassion” and “Body Shame”
- Become more “Embodied” and become to trust and live fully in your body no matter what your size
Email: email@example.com to register
Cost: $89 per session (1.75hours) (Introduction Group 3 hours, $150)
Location: The Augustine Centre Hawthorn
Suitable for: Anyone struggling with poor body image. All ages and sizes. We ask that you are medically stable, without a current diagnosis of Anorexia Nervosa and over 18.
This group is “Non-Diet” follows HAES guidelines and Trauma Sensitive Yoga guidelines.